LIVING WITHOUT BOOBS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY, BUT MORE OF A WOMAN!... ( WITH BETTER BRA'S)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Would You Treat The Stomach Flu with Beef Stew?


I thought medicine would help me feel better.  I thought treatment plans were to help me feel stronger.  I thought a combination of a nutrition plan and medicine would give me strength.  I was in for a rude awakening when faced with cancer.  I explained to the doctors and oncologists the side effects, especially extreme vomiting.  Eventually, I stopped taking all meds and treatments plans ... I was getting worse instead of better.  Why were the doctors prescribing me a treatment plan that caused me to become weaker and more sick?  Would they prescribe beef stew to a patient with the stomach flu? Of course not!



"Would You Treat The Stomach Flu with Beef Stew"
by
Sandra Fernandez-Henderson

Upchuck!  Upchuck!
How I detest
my days and most nights
without any rest
because of those meds.
Even with hot tea it's a heave-ho.
Nothing, even plain broth stays down.
But, wouldn't you know
they prescribe me meds
so that not even dry toast
can I digest. 
Yet they tell me to trust them.
They know what's best.
I detest
that the painful spasms do not stop.
I cannot even clean the mess with a mop
because I am weak.
I ask, "Would you give beef roast
to someone with the stomach flu?"
Of course not! 
Yet they prescribe me with the treatment plan
that continues to rot
any food I ingest.
My eyes lack luster; my tongue is dry.
I am tired, but cannot rest
because of all the pain. 
When I am able to sleep,
I am abruptly awakened by the smell.
"Am I in hell?"
I ask.
I attend the routine exams, and they frown.
My pulse is shockingly down.
"This is my life!  It is not a game!"
I scream.
Yet they continue with the same
treatment plan
because they say they know what is best.
I am living a horrible dream.
Each day I move forward and pray
that they find a more humane way
to cure this horrible disease.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment