LIVING WITHOUT BOOBS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY, BUT MORE OF A WOMAN!... ( WITH BETTER BRA'S)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"THE CLOUDS AS MY PILLOWS"



It is truly devastating to lose a loved one to cancer.  There are no words that can take away the emotional pain and the void a person feels from such a loss.  Many people battle the disease for several months and even years ... frequently, facing days and weeks in severe pain.  

My dad suffered from cancer for three decades. I found it a relief when his suffering came to an end.  I knew he was in a much better place when he passed.  Although it is difficult to let go of a loved one, we can find comfort in knowing they are at a place where they are no longer in pain. Here is one of several poems I have written on this topic.

"The Clouds Are My Pillows"
by
Sandra Fernandez-Henderson


Please, no tears; do not cry.
Just look above and you will see
that I am at peace
and happily free
with the clouds as my pillows.
Although I am gone,
and I also will miss you,
that I cannot deny,
please do not shed tears.
I will tell you why.
Among the heavenly clouds
I am allowed to embrace me.
I am free
of any pain.
I am adorned with sparkly angel wings
that allow me to soar
higher than a majestic eagle.
My voice is mightier than a lion's roar.
I wear dazzling rainbows
that adorn my heavenly wings.
Each morning I am joined by heaven's choir
that sings
of love and inner peace
in hopes that in the stillness you can hear me. 
I beam from remembering such heart-felt days
with you
while I glow in the sun's rays. 
I dance to my own celestial tune
as the colorful angel who plays
the harp not no other.
Remember me as the free-spirited one
with the loving smile.
Know that it will be just a while
until we meet again.
Until then, glance upwards to know
I am in a peaceful place
where I can rest my face
on heavenly clouds.

@copyrighted 1/20/2014


No comments:

Post a Comment