LIVING WITHOUT BOOBS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY, BUT MORE OF A WOMAN!... ( WITH BETTER BRA'S)

Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Reversal of Misfortune": The Other Signs to Look For




Had I followed the warning signs listed in the above chart I would not be writing this entry.  Instead, the disease would have probably devoured me.  From personal experience as a three-time survivor, not all tumors can be detected by touch or by a mammogram or even a sonogram. 

From my upcoming e-book  Reversal of Misfortune I share with you some highlights from the chapter "The Other Signs to Look For."


"I knew that something was wrong inside my body.  My body spoke loud and clear, as if to say, "Get it out of here."  I had been given a clean bill of health by my medical team of OB/GYN, internist and radiologist. CAT scan, physical exam, pap smear, and even a sonogram all concluded that I was in perfect health. The doctors suggested I was slightly paranoid, but I knew my body was preparing for a battle.  For six months I demanded that tests be redone.  I told my doctors that I felt my body was fighting off something deadly, and that there was a chemical imbalance that was triggering some type of disease.  The doctors looked at me as if I was insane. Eventually, one physician decided to conduct a series of tests when I explained the following symptoms to him: 


  • EXTRA DRY SKIN: My skin had always been normal to somewhat oily. Suddenly, my skin became dry. The dermatologist explained that it was probably a combination of the winter weather and perimenopause.  I instinctively knew it was more than that; I would apply hydrating cremes to my face, and within minutes, my face would become dry again.  I tried to keep my body hydrated by drinking sufficient amounts of water with lemon.  Even my hands appeared chafed.
  • EXTREME THIRST: When I explained to my physician that I always felt thirsty, he suggested I might be diabetic, but the tests came back negative.  Nothing seemed to quench my thirst.  I stopped drinking an occasional wine and my morning latte, but my thirst continued.  "What is my body trying to eliminate?" I would repeatedly ask myself. 
  • ALWAYS TIRED:  I was the ideal weight.  I ate balanced, nutritious meals.  I exercised five times weekly at the gym.  I walked daily.  I slept a minimum of seven hours during work days.  With the assistance of a homeopath, I changed my vitamins.  Yet, I remained tired.
  • FOOD CRAVINGS:  I began to crave anti-oxidants, such as broccoli, tomatoes, blueberries, artichokes, cherries, red beans and spinach.  I knew my body was trying to eliminate something from my body.  My body no longer welcomed carbonated beverages, wine, red meat, any type of junk food or processed foods.
  • AN AWFUL TASTE IN MY MOUTH:  No matter how much I brushed my teeth or chewed gum, I could taste an awful substance in my mouth ... something almost metallic.  I tried an assortment of breath freshener remedies, and the bad breath continued. 
  • UNUSUAL BODY ODOR:  At nights I would sometimes awaken from the smell of a unique odor.  At first, I thought perhaps a rat had died in the house. Then I realized the stench was from within me. I showed twice daily, yet my body continued to eliminate unusual odors. 
  • MY BODY'S RHYTHM WAS OFF:  I knew the beat and rhythm of my body; the tune was crystal clear to me.  Then one day I realized it was off tune, much like a radio station that's not coming in clear. 
  • UNUSUAL BUZZING IN THE EAR:  I visited the Otolaryngologist for an assessment of pressure in the right ear with an unusual buzzing. All tests and MRI showed nothing wrong. 

After five months of being caught in a medical labyrinth, I found a doctor who listened to my story.  I showed him my list of symptoms.  Within 30 days he was able to pinpoint what was happening, and ordered a biopsy on the left breast.  He thought he had found an unusual shadow in one of the x-rays.  Three days later he called to tell me I had breast cancer.  He also congratulated me for being persistent, and admitted that the medical community is not perfect. 

That was June 2000, and little did I know that I would battle this disease for several years. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment