LIVING WITHOUT BOOBS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY, BUT MORE OF A WOMAN!... ( WITH BETTER BRA'S)

Friday, October 18, 2013

Why the Flu Shot Didn't Work for Me




As the cold months approach I see advertisements for the flu shots.  My primary care physician sends me emails and telephone messages on the importance of this vaccine. Unfortunately, I am highly allergic to the vaccine.  In 1995 I told my doctor of the symptoms my body experienced shortly following the injection.  He told me since I am not allergic to eggs, the symptoms were "my imagination."  The following year I became very ill within four hours of receiving the flu shot:  shaky, headache, queasy stomach, dry mouth, loss of energy, feverish.  Again, the doctor told me the vaccine was not responsible for my becoming ill. 

When I underwent my first cancer surgery in 2000, the medical team highly encouraged me to get the flu shot because my immune system had been compromised by the disease.  Against my gut feeling, I followed the doctor's orders. This time I had the worse case scenario of the flu with symptoms lasting more than three weeks.  Intuitively, I knew there was a correlation between my becoming ill and the vaccine. 

One of my best friends, who has a background in alternative healing, took a sample of my blood to Germany for a team of scientists to research. The results were astounding. My blood had been highly contaminated with formaldehyde, one of the ingredients in the flu vaccine. According to Pacific Health Center's November 2, 2010 article Latest in the Flu Shot Scam, "Formaldehyde is carcinogenic in humans.  Flu shots have two and a half times the formaldehyde as the level listed as "immediate danger to life and health" by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health."

I stopped taking the flu vaccine in 2001 and have been flu-free since then.  What did I do to remain healthy while the masses were contaminated during flu season? 


HEALTHY SANITATION:  I ensure that the kitchen counter tops are disinfected daily. I sanitize the refrigerator door and bathroom door handles daily.  Weekly, I clean out and disinfect the refrigerator, and pay close attention to expiration dates of all food items. 

HYDROTHERAPY: Colonic hydrotherapy is a painless way to eliminate toxins from the body. Whenever I feel a cold approaching, the colonic irrigation helps me get back on track quickly. 

ACUPUNCTURE:  This ancient alternative treatment is effective not only for aches and pains, but also to help build up a person's immune system.  Combined with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) there are no side-effects. The procedure is 95% painless. 

AVOID SUGAR:  Try to avoid any sugar-based products at all times, especially during the flu season. Eating sugar suppresses the immune system cells. 



VITAMINS AND MINERALS:  I prefer to take homeopathic remedies to avoid the flu. Essential vitamins I include are C, B complex and D.  I wasn't sure how much to take, so I had my blood tested.  Post mastectomy, the results showed I was low in D.  My physician prescribed me high dosages of this vitamin.

AVOID STRESS: Part of my daily regimen is yoga breathing and meditation. This combination helps me maintain a very low stress level. Remember that stress affects the immune system.  Other stress reducers are walking, swimming, aerobics, Zumba and cardio workouts. 


FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Bright fruits and vegetables are powerful antioxidants. Bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, broccoli, kale and spinach are some vegetables that can be eaten cooked or also added into smoothies. A great energy boost is a smoothie that contains ginger, spinach, oranges and kiwi. 

NATURAL HERBS: Garlic, turmeric and ginger are spices I cook with daily. The can be added to legumes, rice dishes, stews and soups.

GREEN TEA: Organic green teas not only help build the immune system, they also help prevent breast cancer. 

AVOID SODAS!  Avoid all sodas, especially the diet ones. Sodas not only contain dangerous amounts of sugar, they also are filled with carbonation which remains in the body for seven years. 

I hope these tips help you remain flu-free.  Here's to your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment