LIVING WITHOUT BOOBS DOESN'T MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY, BUT MORE OF A WOMAN!... ( WITH BETTER BRA'S)

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

HAVE BLOOD WORK DONE BEFORE TAKING ANY SUPPLEMENTS AND VITAMINS

Have Blood Work Done First before Taking Vitamins and Supplements!

We hear  how important it is to take vitamins and supplements for optimum health, especially individuals who have a history of cancer and other diseases.  Yes, it is true that the food we consume does not provide us with all the adequate nutrients, and most people require some form of supplement. 


There are many choices and huge selections, and this can be confusing. I strongly suggest that a person have blood work taken first to determine if there is in fact a deficiency. Consuming supplements without  seeking professional advise, can be not only a waste of money, but also can trigger a health issue. 

As a cancer survivor, I find that people are eager to share information.  In support groups frequently members are anxious to share what works for them, and often suggest "remedies" to other members, i.e. which vitamins to take.  In one group the facilitator was quite adamant that I, as a three-time survivor, needed extra calcium in my blood stream.  Based on the facilitator's background, I followed their advise. 

Four months later I developed what appeared to be gout. All the symptoms indicated that there was a uric acid imbalance; however, the lab results showed all was fine. After additional lab work, the results showed an excessive amount of calcium in the blood stream. This resulted in a condition known as hypercalcemia which causes a strain on the kidneys as well as painful calcium deposits in the feet. 


I am in the process of reversing the damage and detoxing from the calcium overdose.  I am grateful that my physician and acupuncturist have been proactive concerning my overall  health and are assisting me in this process. 

Yes, most people require food supplements. However, I cannot stress enough how important it is to have routine lab work to determine if you are deficient in a specific area. It could save your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment